If you are looking for a comprehensive toy shopping list for the holidays this year, then you’ll want to bookmark this post with the total of 42 Hot Toys in 2015 that your kids want (or will want!)
The general themes for this holiday season are anything to do with Star Wars Force Awakens (no surprise) and Elsa (that girl is still singing). Yet, some notables are the talking Barbie that you can see in my YouTube video here, as well as a Girl Scout Cookie oven that you can read about in my post here. Plus the general theme of toys coming to life (and it is not as creepy as that reads.) I would probably add anything related to Dinosaurs due to the release of Jurassic World at the start of the summer (and the soon-to-be released DVD by the end of the year) and Disney’s new animated Dinosaur movie set to hit theaters in November.
All of the toys selected by The Toy Insider™ are picked for their product integrity, cutting-edge technology, play value, and skill-building.
In typical fashion, these are the toys that will probably be hard to come by as the weather gets cooler and the holidays grow closer. So print this out or get some inspiration, and start shopping!
First up is the Top Tech 12 – the Top Twelve Tech toys deemed the best by The Toy Insider.
- Anki Overdrive Starter Kit (Anki)
- Crayola Easy Animation Studio (Crayola)
- Hello Barbie (Mattel)
- Kidizoom Smartwatch DX (VTech)
- Kurio Smart Windows Tablet (KD Interactive)
- LeapPad Platinum with Imagicard (LeapFrog). Read my review here.
- Meccano Meccanoid G15 (Spin Master)
- MiPosaur (WowWee)
- New Nintendo 3DS XL (Nintendo)
- Sky Rover Voice Command (Auldey Toys)
- Sky Viper HD Video Drone V950 (Skyrocket Toys)
- VEX Robotics Robotic Arm (HEXBUG)
Separate from the Tech list is a new edition to The Toy Insider’s hot toy category and that is the area of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) with toys that engage kids in hours of imaginary, mind-stimulating and creative mathematic, engineering and science endeavors. The Top Ten Stem toys picked by The Toy Insider are:
- 3D Maker (Tech 4 Kids)
- Craft-struction Box (Goldieblox)
- Design & Drill BrightWorks (Educational Insights)
- Disney Imagicademy Mickey’s Rocket Builder (KIDdesigns)
- Kids First Aircraft Engineer (Thames & Kosmos)
- MaKey MaKey Classic (JoyLabz)
- Mighty Makers: Fun on the Ferris Wheel (K’NEX)
- Remote Control Machines: Animals (Thames & Kosmos)
- Super Copter (Laser Pegs)
- VEX Robotics Hexcalator Ball Machine (HEXBUG)
Lastly, these are The Toy Insider’s Hot 20 Toys based on age. You should definitely find something that will engage, entertain and excite your child with any toy on this Top 20 Hot Toys 2015 List!
Ages 0-2 years
- Bright Beats Smart Touch Play Space (Fisher-Price)
- Go! Go! Smart Animals Ultimate RC Speedway (VTech)
- Play All Day Elmo (Playskool)
- TOMY Toddler Toys Jumbo Jamboree (TOMY)
Ages 3-5 years
- Disney Frozen Sing-a-long Elsa (Jakks Pacific)
- Doc McStuffins Pet Vet Checkup Center (Just Play). You can read my announcement about it.
- Furreal Friends Starlily, My Magical Unicorn (Hasbro)
- Giant Leonardo Playset (Playmates Toys)
- Imaginext Ultra T-Rex (Fisher-Price)
- Minions Interactive Action Figures (Thinkway Toys)
Ages 6-8 years
- Disney Descendants Signature Outfit Doll Assortment (Hasbro)
- Little Live Pets Clever Keet (Moose Toys)
- Shopkins Scoops Ice Cream Truck (Moose Toys)
- Skylanders SuperChargers (Activision)
- Star Wars Bladebuilders Jedi Master Lightsaber (Hasbro)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Battle Action Millennium Falcon (Hasbro)
- Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition (Disney Interactive)
- Girl Scouts Cookie Oven (Wicked Cool Toys)
- LEGO Dimensions Starter Pack (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)
- LEGO Elves: The Elves’ Treetop Hideaway (The LEGO Group)
Also check out The Toy Insider’s full holiday gift guide in the November issue of Woman’s Day magazine, on newsstands in mid-October, and online at TheToyInsider.com. There are even more toys than the top 12, 10 and 20 here online and in the Woman’s Day guide. In fact, there are over 240 toys that passed the muster of The Toy Insider! So check it out and happy shopping!!
Charlene DeLoach has been on The Toy Insider Parent Advisory Board since 2012. You can check out all her posts on TheToyInsider.com about kids, play and parenting.